- Young Professional, 1972-1973;
- Economist, EMENA Projects Department, 1974-1977;
- Division Chief, Technical Assistance and Special Studies Division, EMENA Projects Department, 1977-1980;
- Division Chief, Urban Division, EMENA Projects Department, 1980-1984;
- Program Director, Country Programs Department II, Western Africa Region, 1984-1987;
- Director, Occidental and Central Africa Department, Western Africa Region, 1987-1990;
- Director, Africa Technical Department, 1990-1992;
- Vice President, Environmentally and Socially Sustainable Development Vice Presidency, 1993-1998;
- Chairman, Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), 1994-2000;
- Vice President, Special Programs Group, 1998-2000.
World Bank Group Archives Oral Histories
Access and Restrictions
The transcript of this interview is public.