- Finance Secretary, Prime Minister, 1991 – 1992;
- President of the Governing Body of NCAER, the National Council of Applied Economic Research, 1992-1993 and 1998-2008;
- World Bank Group Executive Director of India, 1992-1996
- Former Governor of Reserve Bank of India, 2000-2002 and 2002-2004;
- Nominated member of the Upper House of India's Parliament, the Rajya Sabha, 2003–2009.
Interviews for The World Bank: Its First Half Century
Access and Restrictions
The transcript of this interview is public.