- Young Professional, Agricultural Division, Projects Department and South Asia Department, 1964-1965
- Economist, Economics Department 1966-1968
- Personal Assistant to the President 1969-1971
- Division Chief, West Africa Department 1971-1972.
- Division Chief, Rural Development Div., Agriculture and Rural Development Dept.1973-1975;
- Asst. Director, Rural Development, Agricultural and Rural Development Dept. Central
- Projects Staff - 1976-1983; (During this period, served as chairman of the UN interagency (ACC) Task Force on Rural Development 1975-1976: and as Mission Chief for the interagency assessment mission to Liberia in March-April 1980.)
- Assistant Director, Projects Department, Eastern Africa Department 1982-1986
- Sr. Agriculture Adviser, 1986-1978
- Division Chief Environment Division, Africa Region 1987-1992
Transcript of oral history interview with Sven Burmester, Leif Christoffersen, Caio Koch-Weser, and Olivier Lafourcade held on September 29, 1992
Interviews for The World Bank: Its First Half Century
Access and Restrictions
The transcript of this interview is public. Portions of the interview have been redacted according to the provisions of the World Bank Access to Information Policy.