- Chief of Fiscal Affairs Division of the International Monetary Fund, 1969-1975;
- Founding director of the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, 1976-1985;
- Member of the Finance Commission from 1987-1989;
- Member of the Planning Commission between 1985-1990;
- Chairman of Tax Reforms Committee of Union Government, 1991 and 1993; and
- Chairman of the Tax Reforms and Revenue Augmentation Commission in Tamil Nadu during 2002-2003.
Interviews for The World Bank: Its First Half Century
Access and Restrictions
The transcript of this interview is public.