- Young Professional, 1974-1975;
- Country economist, India, 1975;
- Resident Mission, India, 1976-1979;
- Country economist, Tanzania and Uganda, 1979-1983;
- Senior economist, Indonesia, 1984-1986;
- Lead economist, Resident Mission, Indonesia, 1986-1990;
- Leave of absence, 1990-1991;
- Division Chief, Country Policy, Industry and Finance, Operations Evaluation Department, 1992-1993;
- Director of Development Policy, Office of the Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, 1993-1997;
- Vice President, Strategy and Resource Management, 1997-1999;
- Country Director, Indonesia, 1999-2002.
World Bank Group Archives Oral Histories
Access and Restrictions
The transcript of this interview is public. Portions of the interview have been redacted according to the provisions of the World Bank Access to Information Policy.